Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tidbits -and a Blogging Break (?)

Well, I've missed sitting here and visiting with you all- I think it has been close to a week since I have been able to sit and read anyone's blog. I miss being here.
Life outside my door sometimes interrupts the flow of events that I have control over, so I must adapt to these glitches, and deal with them.
On a good note, I HAD been experimenting with cut papers and paints, and rubber stamps (past tense-I haven't been in my little room for about five days now,) read the book "The Hour I first Believed" by Wally Lamb, studied a couple of art magazines, went out for lunch with a friend and blogging buddy Susan, of Black Eyed Susan's Kitchen, and began a new job as a LUNCH AIDE!! Hahaha! I think that still sounds so funny! No offense to anybody- It's a job (and title) that, in this town anyway, gives people the chills- the kids can be brutal- BUT!-
I LOVE these kids. They are funny, some have their problems, there are power struggles on the playing field, injuries (to the body and to the heart) to deal with, and allergies, but after those things that need overseeing, these kids add JOY!
One of those things I love about being a mother, is being able to rediscover the JOYS of learning something for the first time- seeing something for the first time, you know what I mean- right? This is said in the present tense, because my kids are still experiencing things for the first time- between colleges, first jobs, etc., and then eventually (I hope) marrying and then having GRANDCHILDREN (no pressure on my kids is intended with regards to these issues) so that I can begin again to witness new discoveries with the babies, and seeing my children in their new roles. hmmm.. am I being selfish? Am I making sense to you? I don't even know if my sentence structure is correct!
Meanwhile, I have my 4th graders.
I only sat down here this morning to say I was taking a blogging break- and look at what I've done! I've gone on and on! Take care, and I will check in with you folks whenever I can- though I may not be able to stop to say hello!
Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. First, I LOVE THE NEW HEADER!!!!! That photo is scrumptious too! Sounds like you have had fun on your 'break'. Funny you mention being a lunch aid, our school had just requested a need for one and I was pondering the idea! No matter how old your children gets their are still firsts.....we are still having firsts. You sound so upbeat! Enjoy your weekend, good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaks can be good, but please don't be a stranger, Jenny. We want to hear about your new job and what the kids are up to. Kids are fun. Art Linkletter proved that on his show over the years (boy, I'm dating myself!) LOL! :-)

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the header too!! It's been raining here(northern Arkansas) for days and days...we're talking about building an ark...lol. Good luck on your new job! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, so nice to see you here! Your blog is fantastic and I do loves your grandma's painting. When I was leafing through our college yearbook I found your inscription - it took up the entire inside back cover - both pages! Really made me laugh... and cry a little too. I miss you! And no, of course I don't mind if you mention my blog here - I intend to do the same.

    ReplyDelete