Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Step One

Last week, my name was given to a woman who wanted a painted copy of another painting. We spoke with each other, she explained what she was hoping for, we agreed on a price and I went to work.  I know this painting that I will do can never be shown anywhere, it is strickly for her happiness and benefit. She plans on hanging it above her bed.  I don't know (nor does she) who painted the original.  It was in an ad for a furniture store many, many years ago.  I am calling it "Three Peasants (and a Baby)".
I bought a canvas and began with the gesso.  It is 30x40, and I laid it on the floor in a corner of my living room to begin.


The second coat of gesso is drying. My Little Room Upstairs is presently being occupied by a house guest, and so supplies (and the use of the room) are temporarily on hold and somewhat out of the way. I hope that I can set this on my easel in my little room to work. Believe it or not, the room may not give me the space to properly paint and view as I go along!

We are having another Spring-like day with warmer than usual weather this week (as we've had for most of the winter.)  I am trying to get back into my daily walk routine. 
Stay tuned for progress on this canvas~
xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Wow, can't wait to see this painting coming along. Also, want to see your little room when you can get back to it. Thanks so much for stopping by my site, so kind. Still figuring out....I've been missing awhile but did you change your site totally or am I delusional, wait, don't answer that, I know the answer, just did you change your site? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be so interesting to watch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do, Jenny!

    It was so good hearing from you. I'm on Mr. M's computer as he brought it home for me to check emails, and I checked my post, too, and wanted to drop by to thank you for visiting. I miss blogging, but it looks like I am going to be gone a bit longer. I need a new computer, and I hope to have one in the not too distant future.

    Will check back with you when I am able. This is ROUGH not having a computer at my disposal. Makes me realize how spoiled I've become.

    Hope you are well. Take good care...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete