Sunday, January 10, 2010

Break Time

Hi there~
I am just taking a break from packing up the Christmas items (still). This is an awful picture, but it is the view from my foyer into my dining room. I would hate for anyone to just stop in now- but of course I am sharing these photos with you because I know that you have been through this mess yourselves for one reason or another.
This is also a break from my now yearly ritual of reorganizing my knick knacks. These green cannisters came from my mother's antique shop so many moons ago, that I can't recall how long ago. I love their bright green color, and I have decided to remove them from their place of honor on the top shelf of my thingy that holds my cookbooks, and place them in the niche(?) above my refrigerator. I will be able to see that green from my spot at the kitchen table as I drink my morning coffee.
Oh yes- I've also cleaned my oven today-well, I turned on the self-cleaning element- and have yet to replace the shelves.

This reorganizing is a messy job that I've made messier by repotting a few plants that looked like they needed fresh soil. I have no idea if they will survive this ordeal- I know that I barely did!

My shelves are waiting for the dust rag, and items that went into the basement almost two years ago when we painted the family room, are waiting to be unwrapped and admired (by me!) once again. I've already taken down the bottles, etc. from the top shelf to thoroughly clean, and I may end up putting some of those someplace else, and grabbing some of those other wrapped treasures to put on these shelves.
I am writing this post because I needed the break, but it is also the push I need to get the job(s) finished- or at least to make our space livable once again.
I'd better get busy though. There are still a couple of "boys" living in the home who MAY be looking for dinner soon.
Dinner??

Hey Susan! Did you notice the peacock platter? I don't think you believed me when I said I loved it!






2 comments:

  1. Funny, I forgot about that platter! When I put away the Christmas decor, I left everything empty for a few days and then dusted all of the shelves. I may make it an annual event....lol. Good luck with the reorganization.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always looks worse before it looks better! You should see my garage! I finally got things out of the house and into the garage but it's really too cold to do much with it.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete