Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yesterday we took our Arizona daughter to the airport for her trip back to her adopted home. It had been a year since she'd been here. A whole year that we hadn't seen her. We made sure to spend every possible moment together while she was here, and it was wonderful.

On Sunday, we will be taking our California daughter back to her meeting place with the other volunteers so that she may fulfill her commitment to the community at which she works. Ali, in case you are reading this, it's been wonderful having you here as well.

Tomorrow our sons turn twenty. This, to me, is unbelievable.

The children grow and age, but I guess they will always remain my babies. I have to remind myself that they are adults.
The photo above was taken Wednesday night, after an afternoon movie and dinner out. We saw Up In the Air, and laughed through an Hibachi dinner.

About a year ago, I began this blog. I registered the name in November of '08 I believe, but didn't actually start posting until after the new year of '09.

It has been fun, and inspiring. I have tested myself in many ways over the course of this last year; I have shared my artwork- ok if I know you only through this blog, but there are others now who read this blog, that I pass on the streets of this town. This could be awkward for me, but I am adjusting....having more confidence, if you will.

This has also tested my spelling, and my sentence structure. I know- there is spell-check, but I like to look things up in the dictionary, too.

The encouragement, compliments (hahaha- always nice) and the inspiration I gain from all of you cannot be measured, nor properly acknowledged. Thank you for this past year.

Happy 2010 to everyone! May it be healthy, happy, peaceful and productive.
jenny.

8 comments:

  1. Jenny, what a wonderful post. I have not only enjoyed seeing your lovely family, but I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog AND looking at your artwork. You are very talented and such a dear person. Don't ever sell yourself short. You got game, girl! :-)

    I hope you and yours have an especially blessed 2010!

    Happy New Year!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen

    Seeing that picture of you and Bill and your very grown up children actually brought tears to my eyes. It seems like yesterday that I attended your wedding (OK, just the reception, I got lost on my way to the church). And meeting Stephanie as a tiny thing when you and Bill came back from California. Man, how the years have flown.

    Love you girl - happy 2010!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family! I can't imagine how difficult it is to not see your child for a whole year! I know you all had a wonderful time together! I have certainly enjoyed your blog, sorry I haven't been by often lately. Keep it up!!! May all your offspring get to their destinations safely and you keep busy after they leave! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Thank you for adding me to your blog list! Yes, see if you have any sweaters you can make into pillows. You can wash the sweater first to get it to felt and or you can just go for it like I did.

    I scrolled down through your posts and your cards were just beautiful and your "puppy" is a cutie. We have an Golden who's about 10 now but he thinks he's a little puppy sometimes!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I know how hard it is to be separated from children for so long, but we gave them "roots and wings," and fly they must! That was a lovely family photo. I have enjoyed getting to know you in '09.

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny....Happy New year to you and your lovely looking family...How in the world did you go a whole year without seeing your daughter...I would die...I just got back from spending three weeks in your wonderful state with my wonderful daughter....we were caught in that blizzard in NYC and had a ball out taking pictures at midnight at the big tree...
    stop by my blog and see our new calendar of Miss B for 2010...you have to scan back one post since i wrote about my exploits in Manhattan since then...have a wonderful year!
    Sue @ Rue Mouffetard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I know that in your heart, this is your true happiness. There is nothing better than having all of your kids home with you, even if it is for just a little while. The twins are 20? Happy birthday to them...gosh, no more teenagers! Hope all is well and healthy in your house.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a remarkable family. I loved your post and have enjoyed catching up with your other posts after the holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete