Well, here it is...The sketchbook that I'd finished, promised to share, and even mailed already to the Brooklyn Art Library. Beginning with my cover, and page by page...
"D-R-A-W
To some painters, draw is a four-letter word, but to become the confident,
successful artist you want to be, drawing must become a treasured part of your everyday life."
I cut this quote out of an American Artist magazine a while ago, and it just
seemed like the perfect "writing on the wall" to begin this sketchbook.
As the Line Moves
In its own doing, points
Of feeling take shape. Design
Curves with the gestures of time.
The slow hand works to catch
A heart quick in its choice
Of meanings. What firm marks
Reveal and order, the mind
Feels while the drawing forms
Those inward places opened
By the line as it moves.
Martin Robbins
we use.
Edith Head said..."Your dresses should be tight enough to show
you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady."
"The present is an ever moving shadow that divides
yesterday from tomorrow. In that lies hope."
My favorite architect, Frank Lloyd Wright.
Isn't it true? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This is so me, on so many levels.
The End
I had so much fun with this project, that I have started a journal with my mother as the subject of the journal. I realized that even though I have many sketchbooks with drawings, I don't go to them often enough- my mind goes blank when one is open in front of me. But with this idea of having a particular topic, the ideas sort of flow. I plan to do one for my sister, who is having a major birthday soon, and then I think I may devote a journal or two to color combinations, architecture, oh the list goes on. I am a collector of magazine pictures, fabrics, quotes, art supplies, sewing supplies, and instead of keeping, say the magazine photos in a file, I can do something artistic with them to truly enjoy them.
Do you keep a journal? Do you write in it with stories, poems, quotes? Do you draw in your journal? Make your own books? Or use the ready-made? I'd love to hear from you~
jenny
I love all of your pages....so very creative! Thanks for letting me know, I was glad to come by and have a peek, and to have inspired!
ReplyDeleteCiao Bella
Creative Carmelina
Jenny...I cracked up over your comment today...thanks! You did a fantastic job on your sketchbook....at least you finished...I started last year and didn't finish...so kudos to you on a job well done!!!
ReplyDeleteMary
I loved this...thank you for sharing. I'm inspired to try one myself! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is Amazing!! I thought about joining in, but didn't trust myself to follow through. Your work is beautiful - congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWhen I do sketch, it is usually in a spiral store-bought sketch pad. You've inspired me!