Saturday, February 4, 2012

I am an Artist

There.  I've said it.  I have to believe it if I've said it, right? 
This past week, I have been in my little art room painting and stamping, cutting and gluing, and having a grand time.  I am simultaneously working on greeting cards, and those "journals".   
I will post some photos soon(?).   I am still figuring out my new camera.  I can't remember if I'd mentioned that my last one was dropped back in July, and I couldn't decide until recently, which way to go in order to replace it. 
I am an artist.  Why is that so hard to say?  I think I have to validate my reason for putting myself in that room for hours on end.   I don't make money on what I do.  Would that help?  I used to work in advertising, but I didn't call myself an artist back then. 
It is just an inner urge(?) to produce something.  I know You know what I mean.  Thank goodness my husband is understanding.  He plays the guitar every night after work, after dinner, after any bill paying, and after reading the newspaper.  Usually while relaxing with the TV on.  Yes, it is usually late!  But he knows how I feel.  He gets it.  Thank goodness he isn't the type who requires a full course meal every night (or a shiny, sparkling clean home, or a wife who works outside the home!)  Our four kids are grown (the last two are graduating from college this year- yea!) and so I don't have to provide meals for them, either (at least, right at the moment, I don't!)
It is Saturday morning.  We have some errands to do today, a mother to visit, and some finishing touches on some projects around here.  AND, it is a beautiful day outside.  I may try to squeeze in a walk.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Talk to you soon~

1 comment:

  1. I SO understand what you are saying here, Jen. It took me until I was in my 40's to call myself an artist, and even then it took another 10 years to say it confidently. Like you, I have a very supportive husband and the freedom to pursue my artistic interests.
    Looking forward to seeing what you are up to, with photos captured by your new camera!

    ReplyDelete