So here I go again, trying to update this blog. Sorry about the blurred photo up above. I guess I still have to get used to my new camera, and I hope to change that soon enough.
There have been some special people celebrating birthdays this month, and so I took a break from painting and drawing to make some cards. Actually I did continue with my painting, I just did it in a different way. This first card was made by gluing a magazine photo over a painted background,
and then painting over her features and the flower on her clothing.
I then added the details in the way of papers. I decided to change the recipient of this card when I found an old fortune from a fortune cookie that I had once opened. I removed the three words and added the fortune. My girlfriend will no doubt be amused by this woman and the words,
"awaken your divine nature within"
This next card was created by painting a background and "finding" the figure in the paints and tissue papers that I had glued down. Then details were added.
This little girl (below) is clip art that I received as part of an online art site. I added the crown, and the butterfly is a fabric scrap.
This floral was very simply made with paper and stamps, with the flowers highlighted by- oh dear- the acrylic stuff that makes things shiny and adds dimension. SO SORRY for not running upstairs to my little room to see what the stuff is called!
Happy Valentine's Day to you all. I hope to be back soon! I am off to bake a cake~
Your cards are all so pretty. I especially like the one you've used on your header. Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete