Monday, August 6, 2012

I Call Them "Three Peasants and a Baby"

The finished painting. 
oil, 30 x 40
                                                            The photo I worked from
Another shot. The white areas at the top of the painting are from the glare of the window behind it.

As always, the photo of the painting doesn't show quite the true colors compared to the scanned photo of the actual magazine picture from which I worked.  But the woman I painted this for was ecstatic, and I was pretty happy with the results as well.

5 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on this painting! It is such a unique subject.

    Yes, we're moving west as soon as we sell our house, but very excited about it! I will miss NYC but hope to return to visit it frequently. Thanks for you best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! Love these.

    Hope you are well and that all is well inyour world. Wishing you a Happy Fall.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you celebrated your mom's 89th - we have to be grateful for every day when they are at this age....although it can be exhausting!~! thanks for stopping by - and i love this painting - it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job of reproducing this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny! I hope you see this comment...when you left a comment on my blog, it didn't give me your email address! It was great to meet you this weekend, and I would love to stay in touch. I hope you will come by my blog again. And please let me know your email address. aleakaskey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete