I included the following photo because the sky was actually this blue. I LOVE this combination of the bright green leaves against the bright blue sky.
I have been posting some of my drawings on Facebook for a group that I am in. The drawings are portraits stemming from the challenge, 29 faces in May, as seen on http://ilove2paint.blogspot.ca/p/29-faces-may.html.
I wasn't going to take part, then I started drawing, then I thought to post my blog address on that site, but alas, the directions are far more complicated than I have patience for, so I am just going to post the drawings here. I am behind because of my late start, but- OH WELL!!
This portrait started out as a self- to which I added the background doodles, then the headpiece, and finally the color. I'm not entirely happy with the way she was painted.
This was an idea from the sketchbook people (through the Brooklyn Art Library.) They are having some kind of challenge (maybe it's ended already) where you do a self-portrait on a 4 by 4 inch canvas that they mail to you. I am not doing that, but I took the same idea for this, and did it on watercolor paper.The last page of one of my sketchbooks. Trust me, if I thought someone would sit still for me, I would do someone other than myself! I've left off the shadows and lines for a more youthful face. (If only it were that easy!!!)
These people had no choice but to sit here, but I had to move quickly so they wouldn't know I was sketching them. This is called "The Waiting Room." I know there are many, many variations on this theme.

So there it is, and there I am. Off to visit with some of you, then back to the little room upstairs.
bye!



Hi Jenny....I enjoyed reading about the butterflies and the painting you were working on in the spring. Is it finished now?? Sometimes I think I may be missing out on lots of art because I don't belong to FaceBook.
ReplyDeleteTake care and thanks for coming my my blog :)
Mary
Oh how interesting about the butterflies! I am new to your blog. Glad I found it!!
ReplyDelete