Friday, June 26, 2009

After the Storm

Wow! One of those crazy storms just blew through. The kind when you think "it's" all over. The wind kicked up, a few branches fell, the rains came down, and the lightning and thunder flashed and boomed. The brunt of the storm is over, but we can still hear some rumblings off in the distance.
A little while ago, I looked out the window and noticed an eerie green light, followed by the orange sky. I was in too much awe to grab the camera at first, so I only captured these photos.
They were taken from my front door. Those of you who have been reading me from the beginning, might remember that I love this view of the pine trees that belong to my neighbor across the street.

The sky had this really intense look to it.










With each second that ticked by, it changed just a bit, and every now and then lightening flashed across the sky.

The little black speck in this photo below, is either a bat, or a bird flying past. I couldn't see him quickly or closely enough, and quite frankly, if it was a bat, I am ok with that!



Hope you enjoyed the photos. Have a nice weekend!







3 comments:

  1. Jen, that is so eery. We have also been having some weird skies, and tonight my husband got trapped en route here by some really bad weather. Last night I wish I had my camera with me because the sky was light with an overhanging cloud of the darkest charcoal black clouds with tails hanging down. It looked like something from the "Wizard of Oz." I tried to shoot some today, but nothing I shot compared to yesterday's scare. Yours, though, is positively eery. Great capture!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pictures Jenny! We were away when this happened. You have the best eye for photographs.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...those photos are amazing...just beautiful. We are approaching monsoon season out here so I am curious as to what that will be like. I am looking forward to some beautiful lightning shows above the AZ mountains. Thank you Jenny for sharing the Photos.

    ReplyDelete