HI!Between the trip to Rhode Island for one son, and the NJ college for my other son, I decided to take part in the September challenge at Mind Wide Open. I enjoyed playing with this image and my supplies to see what would develop.
I used a cardboard box covered in a paper that I had painted and stamped, and then I just embellished that. The girl was glued onto a portion that was cut away from the base so that she stands out a bit from the base.
The prompt word was "Daughter" and as I thought about what that word means to me, these words came to mind; "the song in my heart, the wings of my dreams."
Because she is holding flowers, I put a veil on her head that wraps her on both sides of her body, and a piece of lace is at the top for hanging (just in case either of my girls would like to have her.) I am still having trouble photographing my pieces in their entirety so that the detail shows up. I just haven't figured how to do this yet.
If you visit the blog, you will see an assortment of final projects with this same image. Gail's plan is to post them tomorrow.
Enjoy and be well.
Jenny, This is beautiful!
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
oh, thank you, Susan!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been busy with 'children' maintenance as I have. I think your work here is adorable, so innocent and feminine.
ReplyDeleteThis is incredible. I hear you when you write, "the song in my heart...".
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing all the results tomorrow.
Thank you for your kind comments. I left a reply to them on my blog. You were so nice. :-)
Hi Jenny
ReplyDeleteI think your paper "Daughter"is lovely! I clicked on the photo and it enlarged so that I could see all its wonderful detail.
Can you believe summer is almost over? I bet it's quiet in your home now that your children are back to college.
Thanks for you comment on my blog. I am going to refrain from using my grandson's name from now on .... the news story about the pedophile that had that young girl hostage so many years made me realize I should be more careful....too many wierdos out there! So scary.
I love your creation....very lovely!!
ReplyDeleteAnge