I saw a wall of the house that needed cleaning. That wasn’t so bad, because I just aimed the hose at the house.
I walked the perimeter of the house and stopped wherever a weed needed pulling. I then went to the back of our property, and into the stone rimmed garden that my husband and sons put in a few years ago, and as I pulled the weeds from there, I made a gruesome discovery. Many of the rocks had gotten buried under the soil and grass had grown over them.
Again, I dug and pulled and squatted and stood- well you get the picture- and released some of those rocks from beneath the ground. We have a tidy garden again.
I moved around to the front yard, and down that walkway to my front steps that I photographed so long ago, and spoke about, but I decided that the work there could wait for another day. I’ve been keeping up with that garden all summer.
However, I did want to show you what I discovered about a week ago.
The sweetest little Impatiens plant.

What a sweet little volunteer! I love it when a pretty little flower just up and surprises me. Sounds like you got quite a workout in the yard. We managed to stay a step ahead in the gardens at home, however, the community garden...well that's another story.
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
What a wonderful testament to perseverance and tenacity. This little flower should be in the dictionary under "determination"--thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteFaye