While baking cookies, I noticed this creature landing on the feeder pole. He didn't seem interested in any of the seed provided. He just sat there. Does anybody know what this is? He has yellow eyes.
oh- about my earlier reply to Sheila, that would be the bird on my feeder, not my son! And Linda?? ew.ew.ew. I will look up the peregrine falcon. Thanks! And by the way-it came back about an hour after I took the photo.
Jenny, I have seen those birds in my back yard too...and we do have cute little bunny rabbits back there....hmmm. I wrote about the gingerbread houses on Saturday. ♥, Susan
Jenny, I wanted to drop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas! I am so glad to have met you out here in this wide world of blog, and I hope you and your family just have the best holidays to date.
Have you found out for sure what it is? It does look like a hawk of some sort. I recently put out a bird feeder and the next day a huge hawk...I mean as big as a small turkey swooped down and sat on the ground near the feeder but I haven't seen it since. The squirrels are drving me crazy. I ordered a roller feeder at rollerfeeder.com and I think it's going to work. Happy holidays, Mary
It looks like a HAWK! If so, he feeds on smaller animals. Usually rodents and things, but he might also feed on small birds.
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila :-)
Thank you Sheila! My son is in agreement with you. This is too bad because he was sitting on my feeder!
ReplyDeleteMight even be a peregrine falcon. I once saw one in my back yard chowing down on a rabbit. I was really freaked out.
ReplyDeleteoh- about my earlier reply to Sheila, that would be the bird on my feeder, not my son!
ReplyDeleteAnd Linda?? ew.ew.ew.
I will look up the peregrine falcon. Thanks!
And by the way-it came back about an hour after I took the photo.
Jenny, I have seen those birds in my back yard too...and we do have cute little bunny rabbits back there....hmmm. I wrote about the gingerbread houses on Saturday.
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
Jenny, I wanted to drop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas! I am so glad to have met you out here in this wide world of blog, and I hope you and your family just have the best holidays to date.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, my friend!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Have you found out for sure what it is? It does look like a hawk of some sort. I recently put out a bird feeder and the next day a huge hawk...I mean as big as a small turkey swooped down and sat on the ground near the feeder but I haven't seen it since. The squirrels are drving me crazy. I ordered a roller feeder at rollerfeeder.com and I think it's going to work.
ReplyDeleteHappy holidays,
Mary