After our graduation, Linda informed me about a job opening where she was doing paste ups and mechanicals for a newspaper service. I was granted an interview and got the job, and we literally worked side-by-side for the next year doing paste-ups and mechanicals. Of course we had laughs while working in this all female office, and working for our female boss.
Over the last many years, our visits are less, but we will “talk” via email. The last time I saw Linda was about two years ago while working for the friend who runs estate sales as part of her antiquing business. At this sale, were racks of neckties. You know how I said Linda oozes creativity? Linda will take a couple of neckties and turn them into almost anything. I think her first designs were made into purses, but I know that she’s even made a skirt for her daughter!
These are her wallets.
And her take on a messenger bag. Isn't this pretty?

She really does beautiful work.
There is something else for which I give credit to Linda, and that is meeting “this guy on the bus”. Yup- my husband and I met while commuting home from our jobs in NY. I have always felt that if it hadn’t been for Linda and that first job of mine, he and I wouldn’t have met. So, thanks Linda!
And please stop by her blog. She really is amazing!
And please stop by her blog. She really is amazing!
OMG Jenny! Thanks for this!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story, and Linda does do good work! Love that you met hubs on your commute!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila :-)