Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Saying HI!

Just a quick one here... As always I've been jumping around to your blogs, but I am not always able to stop long enough to say hello to individuals. I have been making cards for friends and relatives now, and painting a bit. Maybe you remember this one painting that I started so many months ago....


I decided that I needed a break from the card making activities and it seemed like the right time to get back to this. The card making (believe it or not) reminded me that success sometimes takes a while to achieve, and I should take my time while painting. I usually get keyed up when a painting goes downhill, and I then rush to try to "fix" it. I also usually work with oils, and this is acrylic, so while the paint dries quickly on the canvas (and I can make changes on my painting) it also does the same on the palette (sp.?). I don't know how other artists handle that, so this is a challenge for me. I know I sound like I am talking in opposites, but I am in a hurry to finish this. Remember long ago I said that my husband and I share this computer? Well, he is here now and has to get to work. I will post the progress on this painting another time.
NO TIME TO PROOF READ! Sorry!
See you again~

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Love your header! Like the way that painting is headed. I use acrylics and I know what you mean about the paint drying on you. I still am a relatively short timer at it, my experience in college and the last year and a half is the extent of my painting but I use plastic or styro plates, too lazy to wash off a palette I suppose. I will use a plate for awhile though, but when I have a glob of paint that I do not want to waste I stretch plastic wrap over it and it will still be good later. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You artists amaze me! Thanks for talking a little about the ins and outs of your painting. So cool to learn how others "create."

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like alot of paintings, including my own better sometimes when they are "unfinished" the last painting i worked on i actually kept scrubbing the paint OFF to reveal what was underneath and would like to explore that whole process more in the future.....kind of the layered look i guess. this one that you have up looks great.

    ReplyDelete