
Last night I went to see the fourth and fifth grades' play at the school where I work. I had been hearing about it since the tryouts a few months ago. A few of the kids asked me if I would be going to see it. How could I not? I am so glad that I did. It's always a fun surprise to discover another dimension to a person. There are some kids who are always animated- a bit too animated for the confines of a classroom during recess (rainy and snowy days keep us in of course) and I expected great things from them on stage, and they didn't disappoint. But as you can guess the greatest pleasure for me, was seeing those kids who appear to be quiet, mind-their-own-business kinds of kids, just explode with personality and energy. It was great fun. One of the fourth grade teachers (an interesting chap, if I may say) wrote the lyrics and composed the music for the show. He is a special teacher- that was obvious to me from the first week of school- but he is also a wonderful example of how great a good teacher can be for a school, and for the children.
Today is a snow day. The school has a half day, but I am off. The good news(?) is I can use this time to clean and get my sons' beds ready for them- Spring break is beginning for one, and the other is coming home for Friday night so that they can get an early start to Saturday, and their planned weekend ski trip. The bad news, my mother will feel isolated in her home if we don't get over to spend time with her.
I am also itching to get back to my painting, and I have a few more cards to make. I was awake until almost two last night. My brain wouldn't shut off until I got out of bed (brrr) and went into my little room, and planned my next steps to complete these projects. Does this ever happen to you when your brain can't settle down at night until you get up and take action? I hate when that happens, but at the same time, I like the quiet that seems to envelop me.
It's kind of the same when I wake earlier than everyone else in the house- I wouldn't want to be alone all the time, but it is peaceful. Thoughts form then.
But I am getting carried away here- rambling. I am laughing now- I am having too many disjointed thoughts! Time to end!
Have a good day!
Yes, I know exactly what it's like for thoughts to keep me awake. It usually begins at at 4:30 AM. Sometimes thoughts, sometimes cats...
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are enjoying your snow day! Every one in this house is enjoying it too. Jenna is home this week and said she has seen more snow down here than up in Vermont! Stop by the blog when you have a minute...I wrote about a local friend who is doing something very interesting.
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
Love your new header, Jenny, and I enjoyed reading your post. Yes, I know exactly what it means to not be able to sleep until I've settled some creative thought... neatly wrapped up some challenge. Yes, indeed.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
I agree with the Magpie...I love the new header it is so cute....as for the snow...stop sending it down to Georgia...I woke up this morning to snow everywhere....this is totally unnatural!!
ReplyDelete