Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hello Deer

So the saga continues. Remember my experience yesterday while walking the dog?

Well, also yesterday, while on lunch duty for the 4th grade, while we were all outside on the playground, a deer came out of nowhere, ran alongside the length of the playground and then disappeared over the slight rise of the ground.
And guess what? Though I have taken my camera to school with me in the past, I didn't have it again for this incident! What is wrong with me??

And then last night, after my son drove his girlfriend home around midnight (which is a roundtrip of maybe 8 minutes) he came home to find a deer in our front yard!

When we saw the deer on the playground I assumed it was the same one from earlier. Could this be the same one again?

My mind started to wonder - what would the Indian say about a deer visiting three times in one day?
My mind drifted to my dad, but I scratched that idea- I believe this deer was a female.
I don't think he would visit in the form of a female.

Anyway, it's the start of another day. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when a good moment is missed! I bet you get another opportunity and I'm betting you will have your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most amazing story. I was hoping that there wouldn't be too many deer this year as the gardens are cranking. I bet the kids were all a buzz about the deer at school.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny!
    I think the deer population is on the rise. They are beautiful creatures but I know they are the scourge of gardeners.
    Does your cell phone have a camera? I was lucky my husband thought to take photos with his phone for me of the wild turkey in Manhattan!
    xxoo Pat

    ReplyDelete