So, I stated in an earlier post that I would like to do something creative everyday. Below are some of the results. Trust me, you wouldn't want to see the others!
This was the first sketch of the new year. I had started drawing with a regular pencil but got frustrated with the shading, so I switched to watercolor pencils. I kept seeing green in my face and didn't know how to shade that- hence the color. I sketched and then painted over the pencil.

Yup- me again. I went back to pencil. Scary, aren't I? Every wrinkle and shadow...


Problems again... I thought adding the white pencil would help. This is actually on tinted paper.
I think I have my eyes, but the face is too long, even for me.

This was a minute sketch- I just wanted the idea of me.

Still trying. This took a little longer and I lost my chin as I often do...I did this yesterday.
So there you have it.
My next challenge is to straighten up and organize that little art room of mine. It's been in need of a good clean out for a while.

I think I have my eyes, but the face is too long, even for me.

This was a minute sketch- I just wanted the idea of me.

Still trying. This took a little longer and I lost my chin as I often do...I did this yesterday.
So there you have it.My next challenge is to straighten up and organize that little art room of mine. It's been in need of a good clean out for a while.
This will take some creativity on my part.

OH, neat! I enjoyed seeing all of these, and they are good, Jen. Do you know, I love the one-minute sketch. I'm that way, though. I prefer a bit more of an unfinished looking drawing. I also like the one where you say that your face is too long. I was captivated by the eyes and the expression there.
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine's mother painted my portrait years ago (she asked me to sit for her so she could experiment with some new colors and techniques), and I liked it best when it was still unfinished. But I like each of the drawings, and they are all different. I know how difficult it is to draw the human face, but the human hand is even harder. I learned that from Mr. Magpie's grandfather's cousin who painted into her 90's and taught some pretty outstanding artists. It's good to draw, though, and your drawings are worthy. Really good!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Love the many faces of you!! That has to be a very tough job . . . to objectively sketch yourself!! That's something I'd rather not tackle : ). Good to see you blogging again!
ReplyDeleteJenny, I'm back to say that I'm thrilled you like the decorations, and I put them on there as inspiration. Several bloggers have "borrowed" them, too. LOL! I had people request pictures, and I hope that they will help people get an idea of some fun things that might work in their own homes. They inspired me, too! I didn't do any of them except I did make the beach balls with sand and shells. I'm going to do an easy tutorial on that. Or I think I'll have Cecelia do it. :-)
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila