I began this blog a little over two years ago, and kept up with it for quite some time. This last year, I have been posting sporadically, and I am sorry.
I wish to say happy new year to you all-
I've made a few promises to myself. Some people would call them resolutions, but since that comes with negative connotations, as though they are meant to be broken, I am "promising" myself a couple of things.
1. I will try to do something creative every day. That may be sketch in a book, sew at my machine, or make another card.
2. I will try to make a number of cards and not give them away. Many people have said over and over to me, that I should try to market the cards that I make. I will see.
3. I will try to control what I put into my mouth. I have become such an emotional eater, that I am afraid I am going to undo all the good that I have done for myself over the last few years.
4. I will try to post more, maybe even share some of those recent drawings, if I get the nerve up.
5. I will try to visit more often with you, because I do miss keeping up with you.
6. I will try to be more forgiving of myself, if I break one or two of those promises that I have made.
So far, I have been pretty good at doing number one. Number two will take a while because I have a couple of special birthdays coming up, and that means that the cards I make will be given to those special people.
Number three has begun in earnest today. Weight Watchers Online has been calling to me for a while so I bit the bullet. (Hey that's pretty funny- I BIT- get it?) I have a MOB dress to purchase, and if I am not careful, the outfit that I have for the rehearsal dinner will not fit me anymore!
I have already broken number six. My sons turned 21 on Jan. 2, and I did not make them cards.
I was plumb warn out, but I still feel the guilt.
So, how are you doing with any promises that you made as the new year rolled in? Did you make any?
Happy New Year! I am so glad to see you posting. I don't make resolutions because I don't keep them. I don't. So I have learned to try to "purpose" to do things as I need to throughout the year. However, I respect the resolutions of others and cheer you in yours!
ReplyDeleteI hope you will share some of your work with us. I have missed seeing what you've been doing.
Warm hugs,
Sheila :-)