Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Countdown

We are just over three weeks away from my daughter's wedding.  This is the first child in my family to marry, and that includes her three siblings and all ten of her first cousins.  We are extremely excited, and I know the last two weeks will be so so busy. 
As Hurricane Irene struck, we held our breath and hoped for the best.  Our daughter's reception sight is on the beach in a town that is notorious for flooding, since it is situated between the ocean and a river.  And sure enough, the ocean climbed the beach, spilled over the wall of rocks, and went under the beach clubs to meet the river as it flowed over its embankment,  under some homes and through others.  The road buckled from the water, but the structures held.  That truly was a miracle.
My sons are both back in school, so the clean up in this house is supposed to begin today.  I guess I am procrastinating? 
I have another painting on my easel, this time an oil, which I am just finalizing.  I will post it soon.
'til the next time~
jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment