Not quite two weeks ago, my daughter was married in a beautiful church ceremony which was then celebrated at a location on the ocean. This is where he asked her to marry him 15 months ago. They live in Arizona, so there were many (and I mean many!) phone calls back and forth in order to plan this wedding. Thank goodness for cell phones and a great calling plan! They are pictured here, walking along the water's edge, just before night fall. Their photographer wanted them out there, and I can't wait to see her photos. My other daughter took this one, and I love it. It is such a perfect photo of the two of them- and the exact opposite of the rest of the night, which was filled with laughter and dancing. Like the song says- "all night long..."- I have to say that all the planning was well worth it. It was truly the most fun that I have had in years.
It's funny. Now that this monumental event has passed, people keep asking me if I feel let down and at a loss for what to do~on the contrary. With such good memories from the day/night, I feel so renewed and ENERGIZED that I am back to my old problem of focussing!
I have been free again to explore these blogs, visit a local art studio/gallery, and organize my papers and projects to begin creating once more. (My little art room was transformed into a guest room during the wedding weekend, so I had to clean it up, put away the "stuff", make the bed into a bed again (and not just another shelf to lay things on) and whatever else one does to make a guest fell welcomed!)
Upon visiting that art studio/gallery, I decided to become a member so that I would have notice of up coming shows, and maybe even try to enter one or two. Another result of that visit, was a flood of thoughts into my head concerning projects that I have been saving for when I "have the time." "Focus, Mom" is what my daughter will say to me, as we talk at times, and my mind drifts to another idea. Focus. I'm trying!
Two blogs I would like to mention~ http://allnorahsart.blogspot.com/ where I find the coolest collage works. She was the inspiration behind my painting lespwa-fe-viv. She also has another site with videos showing how she accomplishes some of her paintings. She's great-
The other is somewhat new to me~ http://creativecarmelina.blogspot.com/ This woman seems to do it all. She draws, paints, sews, crochets, and more~ It was in visiting her that I read about the Sketchbook Project. You can read about that here~ http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject. She has been posting her pages from her sketchbook.
I have decided to try my hand at this. Basically, you sign up, pay a fee, and in the mail you receive a sketchbook that is coded for it's eventual placement in the Brooklyn Art Library. However, before that, the book travels around to various cities, where people may browse through them. I love this idea. There is a list of topics to choose from, or you can let them choose one for you. I have asked for "Writing on the Wall." This ol' head of mine is swimming with ideas that I am hoping I can execute. The sketchbook isn't slated to arrive for another 2-3 weeks, and it must be postmarked by January something-or-other. As I complete my sketchbook pages, I plan on sharing them.
Meanwhile I might go back to meet-azzie.html, and make a change or two. My sister saw the painting and loved it, but I have to try something first. There is also something else I am trying with one of the wedding photos. Again- trying to focus and execute what is in my head.
I am going to head up to my room now...see you later!
jenny
The wedding sounds so lovely and it is so great that you made wonderful memories.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting me and for the blog shout out. Of course I love that.
Your painting is so wonderful and I hope you will be painting every day now. I guess you will have more time now to do that.
Hi again!
ReplyDeleteI certainly don't mind a mention, thanks very much. You are very kind and flattering to me....and it made my day!
I'm thrilled that you are 'recharged' to create...now you can get your ideas churning out before the book arrives.....I've got only two more drawings to finish and the book will be complete. Yeah me!
Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina
How awesome that you had such an enjoyable time at the wedding, sounds wonderful, best wishes and blessings to the couple! You remind me of myself a bit, waiting for the time that you can get around to all the things. Only thing, is it seems my hubby is waiting too, for me to transfer all that time spent on the kids to him. I love him...but I've got to do my thing too. That sketchbook idea is awesome, may have to check it out. I love Creative Carmelina too, though she seems to work circles around me! Not talking behind her back, just under her comment. Thanks for getting by my blogsite. I'm not certain if there will be a second, altogether dress shopping. It was a bit difficult to get the first one with everyone together. There was a dress at the second stop that all the bridesmaids liked but the bride wasn't positive, the fabric choices were iridescent and she was unsure of that. I will be checking in with her soon to see what she thinks of it. There is another place just across the street from the last shop that she should drop in herself to see if anything interests her before choosing or going out of town to look. I am feeling better but think I have some stomach issues seperate from my illness last weekend to deal with. Getting ready for a festival this Sunday....need to draw, paint, ink and most importantly...make my chicken stew now! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear from you and glad the wedding went well. Share pics when you get them, okay?
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila
It occurred to me that although I followed the wedding picture posts from you and your sons on facebook I never had the chance to tell you how beautiful you looked...much too young to be the mother of the bride!! It is exciting to see you get back to the focus of your art...I can't wait to see what comes from it!
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
It was so nice to hear from you. I'm enjoying catching up on your blog!
ReplyDelete