Thursday, January 22, 2009




Hello!
It's a balmy 38- quite the change from the zero of a few days ago. The dog was loving it too- that old guy took me on a 45 minute walk!

While I have been stopping by and keeping up on all of you, I haven't been here in a few days- I finished reading a book- Whew! I love to read, but I sometimes have a hard time finding the quiet it takes for me to get into a book. The book I read? The Falls, by Joyce Carol Oates. Strange, and slightly unsettling, a bit heartbreaking, but I am glad I read it.

Next up is My Antonia, by Willa Cather, which I started this morning while my car was having it's oil changed.
I am always amazed at how many people accomplish so much- seemingly overnight. I look at your blogs, and I am inspired.
I think I mentioned that I was going to try another painting - a lighter, brighter, more colorful painting. I must have a heavy hand. The results are above. I tried another, which I tossed because it was so darn awful, and another, which I managed to darken as well.
I'll keep trying though.
I have plans for another painting, so I would like to get started on that.
Talk to you soon!
















4 comments:

  1. Oh, Willa Cather is one of my favorite writers. You will love the book.

    Thank you for suggesting the quilting book. I hope you can share of photo of the tie-backs.

    This is a beautiful painting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You should see the photos soon- I am just really slow at this posting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Willa Cather, too, and just posted about her today! :-) I love MY ANTONIA and O PIONEERS, too! Her use of language is amazing.

    And I love your painting! I'm so glad you visited my blog because I want to come back and visit you. If you don't mind, would it be okay if I add you to my blog list? That way I won't lose you.

    Thanks,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet another Willa Cather admirer! You will enjoy My Antonia
    Your painting is wonderful so colorful and full, and I love the new header and quote.

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete