Thursday, January 15, 2009

it's snowing!

This is the view from my front door. I did not expect to see this. My first thought when I saw the snow was that it was the perfect day to stay inside and continue on the painting that I started yesterday. It isn't very deep yet, and while the snow is beautiful, and the resulting peace is lovely, my reality is, I have errands that must be done today! I know eventually this road on which I live will be plowed, as will the surrounding roads- but something happens to people around here when it snows. Driving can be scarey.
I am curious-what do those of you who live with FEET of snow for the entire winter do? I know there are places where there is fresh snow- always! How do you get around? I suppose the plows are always out there...
I will look at the bright side today - when I walk the dog, I will be in a winter wonderland, and when I go out to do those errands, the older Victorian homes in this town will present for my imagination the dreamy appearance of a time long ago. The snow can do that for me.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I wouldn't have the foggiest notion of what to do if it snowed! I would be at a total lost. I've been in snow about three times in my life, but driving and functioning in it would shut me down. LOL! Pretty, though. I love to look at pictures of it. :-)

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sheila,
    mmm...yes- it is pretty. It actually wasn't bad yesterday. The main roads were clear, though mine is still covered even today. Maybe the bitter cold we are having is the reason, but today the sun is shining, and it is a gorgeous day!
    Hope yours is as well~
    jenny

    ReplyDelete