Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Joys

The smiles of a child can bring such joy to a mother. This is my baby, playing with others' babies, at an orphanage in Mexico.
This photo just warms my heart. This is the nurse that I have written about in numerous posts(and the child in my header.) She is living in CA. for the year, volunteering at a clinic. This is her blog-
True Life: I'm in the real Real World.
Some of her co-volunteers spend their days at work at this orphanage, and she has joined them numerous times, on her day off, to play with the kids. Of course she has fallen in love with the children, and wants to bring them home with her.
The days she spends with the kids must be like a breath of fresh air for her after dealing with the realities of the homeless. It just seems to look that way by the expression on her face.

5 comments:

  1. Hello proud Mama! She looks happy in that picture. I will have to catch up with her blog...sometimes when I read what she writes, I feel that Mom anxiety come over me..they are adults and making adult choices and decisions..I thought this would get easier...it hasn't!!
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. That has to bring you so much joy to see her investing her life in others. Can't wait to check out her blog : )!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, lovely daughter, inside and out!!! I know you are so proud of her, as it should be. I will check out her blog. Love the header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely young lady, and I know you are a proud Mama and have every right to be!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful young woman, with an obviously beautiful heart. How generous of her to do such important volunteer work.
    I read a bit of her blog and can see that her work is at times tremendously demanding. You must be very proud of her!!

    ReplyDelete