Monday, March 16, 2009

Frustration and Fun

Wow- I have advice for you all- are you ready?? Before you try to post anything, or upload any images, make sure you are in the "compose" mode, and not the "edit" mode- because you can waste an awful lot of time trying to get things to work! For the life of me, I couldn't understand WHY I couldn't upload my photos! YIKES!!!
Well, anyway- Good afternoon! Below is my painting for Different Strokes from Different Folks.
I offer you this challenge- see what is posted Wednesday night, and paint/draw the challenge- and you will be amazed at the variety of results you will see next to your own. I think I like the anonymity of it- this is so nervy of me to post my art work. But in doing so, I see how tight my paintings are next to the others'. I would love to loosen up.
On Friday, Susan of Black Eyed Susan's Kitchen, accompanied me to the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival. I think we both had a very good time. There were some very interesting crafts to see, and some beautiful jewelry as well.
Since my husband had taken the day off from work on Friday to get "some things done" he and I went to the beach at around 6p.m. and walked a bit. That's big Bill you see. It was peaceful- with just the sound of the waves, but since I had forgotten my gloves, and I was busy with my camera, and picking up shells and sea glass, by the time we got back to the car, I couldn't feel my fingers!
Saturday, was a run-around day, and then Saturday night we went with hubby's old college friends to see another friend in "The Odd Couple, the Female Version", which is playing at the Center Playhouse, in Freehold, NJ. The theatre only has 49 seats. Quite intimate, but so enjoyable.
On Sunday, in the afternoon we took our cliff-hanging son to the train station so he could get back to school, and then we took the back roads and side streets back home again, and discovered little beaches and parks that we had never been to before.
One beach was loaded with lavender colored shells- unfortunately, I can't remember their name, but below you will see 4 or 5 of those shells that had attached themselves to the back of a clam shell. I know, they don't look lavender in the photo., but they were! The spidery looking thing on top was actually a red-colored, grass-like, shoot growing from where two of the shells connected. I guess I killed whatever it was (seaweed??) because it lost the red and turned brown. Don't know why the clam shell was green. That was like that when I picked it up.
It is Monday afternoon (and thanks to my earlier error, getting later and later) husband is at work, all kids are at school. It's just me and the dog (oh- and the bird). I was out on errands earlier in the day, and at the gym (yippee!) but now I have to accomplish something in this house- including organizing some of my reference materials and art/sewing supplies once again-
This is what I woke to this morning-
One love, one blood
One life, you got to do what you should
One life, with each other
Sisters, brothers
One life but we're not the same
We get to carry each other, carry each other
One
One
(BONO)

In case I don't get back here tomorrow, Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone- whether you're Irish or not- (I'm not, but my kids are 1/2!)
love,
jenny

6 comments:

  1. What a nice post today. Your painting is really, really nice! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny for reading my last post! It was a vulnerable one. Love your painting. I have not painted anything yet....but bought some acrylics to give it a shot. I am so new in the art world. Blessss you all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Dear Jenny! Love your painting and the shells you found...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny,
    I can tell I'm going to love following your blog! Your header and the quotation really got to me - very beautiful! I'm so sorry about your dad, but you are right - how fortunate we were to have our dads for so long.
    Your paintings are beautiful!
    I'll be visiting again!
    Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did have a very good time at that crafts show, didn't we. Thank you again for inviting me! The green shell? It was getting ready for St. Patricks day hehe, hope you had a fun one yesterday.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! My kids are 1/4 Irish from me!

    Hope you had a good "wearing of the green" --I'm afraid to read the cliff hanging post below...lol

    ReplyDelete