Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursday Doodles on Friday Morning

Good Morning!
Just a couple of "doodles" that I did yesterday/last night. This week's topic at Illustration Friday happens to be "intricate" and if I were to enter a piece of work, I would use this since this is the most recent thing I have done that could be considered intricate.
Sitting on my kitchen counter- at different spots, getting hit by the light in different ways- obviously not staged as a still-life, were these items down below. I never used to just draw with a pen- I always had to pencil something first. Doodles are one thing- pen is fine- but to actually put a line down, and not have the option of erasing- well- this is new for me! So my shading needs help (oh my- that mug!) but at least I know what I am looking at!
I did do a bit of painting yesterday as well, but after I cut my thumb on my glass palette, I decided I was going to bite the bullet and go get myself a padded paper palette today. I think I might also splurge and buy myself an issue of Artful Blogging that Ange, at A HEART AT HOME mentioned to me.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely intricate zentangle you have there, lots of goodies in it. I too usually haven't drawn with a pen but have been doing just a little with it when I sit to do a zentangle. I am thinking of trying to sketch some people with a pen at my next opportunity....you may never see it though, I have no knack for drawing people but aim to improve that! I always use a paper, or plastic plate for my palate, works ok. 'Artful Blogging' huh, that sounds very interesting. I have yet to get a couple of books from the library on art but that is on my mind too. Glanced at some at the bookstore last weekend as hubby and I wasted time at the shopping area so daughter could have an hour or so with friends there. I know you are excited for that daughter to be on her way home tomorrow....yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pen and ink makes the best doodles, and your first one is a work of art!

    I always peek at Artful Blogging when I have time to spend in Barnes and Noble.

    Enjoy your daughter's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those pieces are WONDERFUL, Jenny! You are very, very talented, and these are GOOD!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've introduced us to some great art blogs. I enjoy watching your creative/artistic process. So glad you are blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete