My husband and I have always told our kids that they can tell us anything. However, over the years, I have also said that there are some things I am better off not knowing. For instance...
OH My! Something similar happened to us when we traveled up to the Grand Canyon last month. I was in the van while my 14 year old and 16 year old sons went to a look-out. They were right on the edge of the Canyon and took a photo with the Canyon in the background. Like you, I did not know about it until I saw the photo. Yikes. The Canyon is gorgeous, but there is not good fencing around the look out areas.
You've reminded me about my hiking days with girlfriends when I was in high school. Thinking about it now, my dad probably would have understood why we would hike and climb where we did, but my mother probably would have gone gray overnight if she'd known. I They still don't know. It must be youth.
How long did it take for you to catch your breath after you saw that...and why did his sister let him get so close to the edge? It really is a cool picture though...and what a fabulous view! ♥, Susan
Oh how funny. With three sons, I can relate. I have told them to be VERY selective sharing such info/photos with mom. I find I sleep much better not knowing "everything"--I enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing your great quotes and creativity. Faye
i told jeff, if he falls, you would kill me... but then he reminded me hey, ive been climbing stuff since i was two... (cribs, entertainment centers, spiney pine trees during soccer games, etc)
Oh my!!!!! Yeah, that's nothing I really want to know is going on unless they promise never to do it again!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Oh, how you don't need to know that! Whew!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila :-)
OH My! Something similar happened to us when we traveled up to the Grand Canyon last month. I was in the van while my 14 year old and 16 year old sons went to a look-out. They were right on the edge of the Canyon and took a photo with the Canyon in the background. Like you, I did not know about it until I saw the photo. Yikes. The Canyon is gorgeous, but there is not good fencing around the look out areas.
ReplyDeleteYou've reminded me about my hiking days with girlfriends when I was in high school. Thinking about it now, my dad probably would have understood why we would hike and climb where we did, but my mother probably would have gone gray overnight if she'd known. I They still don't know. It must be youth.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! :-)
ReplyDeleteHow long did it take for you to catch your breath after you saw that...and why did his sister let him get so close to the edge? It really is a cool picture though...and what a fabulous view!
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
Oh how funny. With three sons, I can relate. I have told them to be VERY selective sharing such info/photos with mom. I find I sleep much better not knowing "everything"--I enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing your great quotes and creativity.
ReplyDeleteFaye
i told jeff, if he falls, you would kill me... but then he reminded me hey, ive been climbing stuff since i was two... (cribs, entertainment centers, spiney pine trees during soccer games, etc)
ReplyDelete