Sheila, I thank you for concern. I am well. We have been celebrating too- an engagement party for a cousin last weekend, and a graduation party today for a niece and a nephew. Life is good.
Since I have this computer to myself at the moment, I wanted to show you these photos I took of these two birds who stop for goodies at our feeders by our kitchen windows. I never gave much thought before to whether the birds who come for food are repeat visitors, or new ones who happen to stop by, but these two birds are definitely repeat visitors.

What made me notice them in the first place was the fact that the one bird fed the other.

This one stayed on the perch, and watched as the partner went for the seed.
The partner came back to feed the waiting bird.
They did this over and over and over again.
I know they are repeat visitors, because the next day, the one bird sat and waited

'til the other came back with the food.
I was amazed by this. I witnessed this again at least one more day. Is the waiting bird the female, and the provider the male?? Or is it the other way around? Is it a parent and a baby??

'til the other came back with the food.
I was amazed by this. I witnessed this again at least one more day. Is the waiting bird the female, and the provider the male?? Or is it the other way around? Is it a parent and a baby??I just don't know enough about the habits of birds.
As I said before, I like to write when I am by myself, but in this case, it is nearing 1 a.m., so it would probably be wise to head up the stairs and get to bed.
Oh, speaking of time, at the bottom of my post (can you find it? I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of space below my last line because I have rearranged this a few times) the time I post is noted there, however it is not correct. I can't figure out where to go to change "the clock" so that it is in real time for me. Can anyone help me??
Gotta go now-
goodnight!
jenny
jenny
Your kind comments blessed me today. Thank you! I enjoy having new friends visit my blog and I have thouroughly enjoyed my last 15 minutes reading yours. Your photography is beautiful!! I like this post on the birds and the fascinating way that you shared your thoughts with it. I will return to this blog. So thankful that I discovered it.
ReplyDeleteJenny, glad all is well! :-)
ReplyDeleteI haven't the foggiest about those birds, but now you've got me curious. Hmmmm...
I'm going to do your MeMe tomorrow. Drop by in between repairmen if you get the chance. With regards to workmen, I know how you feel!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hi jenny,
ReplyDeleteThis post tells such a sweet story!! I love it!
Thank you for your comment on my blog. You sound like me with the guilt! Yes, our self portraits are similar, but I liked yours when i saw it and never thought anything of it! I truly believe the adage "there is nothing new under the sun". But isn't it funny that we titled our posts the same at right around the same time! We must have many things in common!
Judy :)
Thanks for stopping by my 'dream home' post today and for the kind, encouraging words you left. It's always nice to find a new connection, especially through folks I already like!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your writing very much. I strolled through Asbury with you and Bill and I paused to say a prayer for Chris.
As far as these birds go, yes, it's a parent and baby. The baby waits there because it doesn't have all of its flight feathers yet. I love watching animals nurture one another. It leaves me hopeful!
I hope to get back to the main purpose of my blog, Illustration Friday. I've been sidetracked by other fun things and then of course this HUGE move which really wiped us out. We're not 20 anymore ;)
Please feel free to pop by anytime. I'll do the same!
~blessings~
Laurel