I grabbed a couple of pencils, a mirror that is about 4 inches square, lay down on the couch and propped the mirror on my left arm as I sketched.Practice, practice, practice.
It was a beautiful day today. A good day for a drive, so my mom and I went to the cemetery to see the stone that was finally placed on my father's grave. This was the last thing that had to be done for him. It wasn't awful though. Going there, I mean, and seeing his name on the marker. It was worse going in November, and not knowing where to find him.
The next couple of days are supposed to be beautiful. My husband will be home Friday afternoon, and Saturday night we will be going to the hockey dinner at my son's school, where they will raise a banner for the guys for their championship season. They were 14 and 2, and the league champs.
Have a good night/great Friday.
j.
Very, very nice portrait....attractive lady...you go girl! Lots of info in your still short post. I'm glad it was okay at the cemetery, how long ago did you lose your dad?
ReplyDeleteCongrats to that team, that is awesome...you all have a good time. We leave for our last club volleyball tournament tomorrow and school ball starts Monday! Never a dull moment....
Sounds like you have a nice weekend set up. Enjoy the hockey dinner. They are always a little more fun when it was a winning season. Love the self portrait. I remember one summer vacation when Karissa was in art school in Philadelphia. She spent the entire vacation sketching hands. Everyone who would sit still long enough, she would post their hand and sketch it. It always amazes me how you can put pencil to paper and create such a beautiful work of art.
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
Thank you for the encouraging words!
ReplyDeleteYears ago, I needed someone to sit for me for a painting that was originally a sketch done while in art school. I approximated the position of my model based on the sketch and my memory.
Unfortunately, my 12 year old daughter was the model, and she thought she would have some fun with me by moving ever so slightly whenever I looked at my painting.
What a nice portrait of yourself! Your are so young and pretty.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest if the weekend!