I decided it was too Eastery looking with the pinks, so I toned it down. And down. And down. Now it just looked like a messy blobbery thing to me, but still I played with it.
I got to this- and decided I could quit on it, or gesso out the top portion, and down the sides.
Which is what I did, so now I am waiting for the gesso to dry. I am thinking that since this is acrylic, I can use gesso to wipe out a portion that doesn't agree with me?? If that is a negative, I will learn something. I hope. That's what this little piece is for.
The weekend influx of kids began yesterday afternoon, with the arrival of daughter number 2. She surprised us. We weren't expecting her until today. Our firstborn son came home via train last night, and asked to be dropped off at his twin's school. I guess we will be seeing him later today, and his brother will be joining us tomorrow after his last class. Sadly, our daughter number 1 will not be home this weekend, but she is with people who love her, so that is ok.
It looks like a beautiful day out there today. It is still a bit chilly. We actually had snow here yesterday- for about 10 minutes!
The daffies are blooming, and the forsythia is as well. Very yellow and green. Hope you have a wonderful day.
jenny.


what nice colors in this piece! i often sit a piece aside and then come back to it and make changes. or even start over by covering the original up. it is fun to have the freedom to do that. your fruit salad sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteThe colors are awesome still! So great that all the offspring are coming in. My son came in tonight, he is a sophomore at a university almost three hours away. I may have to try your recipe sometime!!! I'm already hurting from being on my feet alot today and I've hardly scratched the surface! Look forward to seeing what happens with that painting.
ReplyDeleteLovely paintings, Jenny!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila :-)
Thank you for your extremely kind comment. Yes, we seem to be on a very similar path. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the results of your painting. I'm taking my youngest shopping this morning and hope to catch up with you soon. Keep painting. Talk to you soon. Gayle
I like the progression of colors in this painting! It has a Monet quality to it.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful holiday! Are all the kids heading back to school this week?