We did some planting and mulching last week, in between rain days and cold weather. This is from our front door on this wet and rainy Friday. We will be getting a truckload of that dark smelly mulch in a couple of weeks- and this garden by the walkway, and the rest of the gardens will then be filled in. Some of the hyacinths are just poking their heads out, as are some of the other perennials (whose names I can't remember just now) and the daffies are there in the distance- not yet blooming.At least the grass is beginning to green up.

Last week I bought some yarn to crochet a tote bag I saw over at Attic24. I see it as a tote bag for the beach, but now I have to remind myself how to double crochet. I am also reading Joseph O’Connor’s book, Star of the Sea. It was a little slow going in the beginning with the book, and I wondered why I had it on my list as a must read, but I have been plowing through anyway.
It is raining again today, as I mentioned, and I like the thought of being snug and cozy in the house all day, but no- hubby left letters for the post office, there is a garage sale(?) advertising tools and hardware (Huh? Industrial? Me??) which I am curious about, and don’t let me forget about the dog who will want his walk very shortly!
Brain Overflowing is as true as Supplies Overflowing. In addition to these above mentioned activities that have me going in different directions, after spending 3 days in demos at the Art Festival this past week, I find that my brain is really suffering from stimulation overload! I need to focus! I picked up so many ideas, and heard about so many techniques that I would like to try, I simply (ha!) have to now settle down and get busy. I sat in with a watercolorist, a pen and ink artist, an oil painter, and a pastel painter. In addition, I took part in a demo with an artist who works for a big supplier of paints- oil and acrylic, and special effect tools. He ended up passing out wonderful samples and an invaluable book on how to USE the items to create the different effects. His enthusiasm was the best advertisement for their company. Plus, did I mention the free samples?? Paints, varnish, and these unbelievable how-to brochures and book!
Oh dear- just as I figured- someone wants his walk! Here he is - mid-bark! Doesn't he know it's raining outside? I love it when we walk out of the garage and into the rain, and he just STOPS! I guess he is assessing the situation, but it never fails- he always chooses to walk slowly up the driveway for his walk. I'd better go.
Have a great day/weekend!jenny
I know what you mean about overload, Jenny. I'm feeling a bit overstimulated myself of late. Life... sometimes it gets in the way of itself. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
XO,
Sheila :-)
You have been busy. My son and hubby did some yard cleaning and mulch placing the other week. I still have some planting to do but want to wait until I'm sure there will be no more frost. The arts festival sounds like a success for you......look forward to some of the fruits of your new knowledge! Luv the dog photo....Apollo must be made to go out to do his business if it's even wet outside!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Jenny, you will get your focus back. With kids coming and going on Spring break, holidays looming, and all of the great artistic energy picked up last week, it has been very hectic, but the day will come soon when you can catch your breath and collect your thoughts. After all that wind, we will be picking up plenty of twigs and brush to put out this week.
ReplyDelete♥, Susan
Hi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteYou are so kind to leave such encouragement on my blogs. Thank you!! And I am doing better. We have family coming next week, so I am looking forward to having company for a week! Our oldest son will also be here with my sister-in-law and her family. Hope your day is filled with gifts and blessings unexpected. May your heart be lifted as you are so faithful to lift others! Ange
Hi Jenny
ReplyDeleteI love your walkway!
It's a grey rainy day here too today --I spent the weekend trying to begin Spring cleaning but without enthusiasm...lol
Free art supplies? That was a great class to attend! Supplies are so expensive these days but with free supplies I'd just dabble and have fun and not worry about making anything perfect ... just experiment and enjoy! :-)
Hi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteI saw your post above mine on another blog. I remember EJ Korvettes too!
And I have supplies overflowing too!
I am on the East End of L.I.