Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One Week Later


Wow- has it really been a week since I last posted? I have enjoyed reading so many others' blogs- that I guess I let this one slip!
Kids have gone back to school, though one is presently in Nashville, Tenn., for a Nursing Conference, Husband is in Washington, D.C. for a couple of days (I wonder if there are any blooming Cherry Blossoms left to see?)and I have been giving my mom a hand by driving her around. In between, I have been doing laundry, cleaning a bit, and playing still, with those acrylics.
I decided to add some cut papers to this painting. Some are from photos I had taken of a leaf, and others are from magazine clippings. Oh- I even used a portion of a photo copy of this painting as a cut paper. Truly an experimental piece since I also used a product on it in areas, to add an iridescent effect, though it doesn't show in this scanned photo.
It is evening now, and I need to get the dog out for his nightly walk, so that I can come back and settle in for the night myself.
It's been nice chatting- I hope I haven't sent you all (back) to bed!
jenny.

2 comments:

  1. I like it, Jenny... and I like watching it evolve. I don't think there's anything I enjoy more than the creative process.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila!
    Thank you- But I've changed it again- and I am holding my breath!! LOL! I have no idea what will happen until this next layer dries!

    ReplyDelete